rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gym seems like a waste of money- Why not do your weights at home?

Gym seems like a waste of money- Why not do your weights at home?

The exercises you think are good and you can do at home, even if investing in a few hundred dollars of equipment, aren't close to being a replacement for the options and versatility you have in a gym.

With all due respect, you don't appear that dedicated or experienced. Any decent weight lifter needs dumbell racks going up to at least, at a minimum, 50-60lbs. But you said you only use barbells with plates, which might mean you're not really doing nearly as much as you can. A squat rack at home would cost hundreds/thousands and isn't all that versatile.

Going to failure on exercises makes no difference in recovery. Once you're in shape and your body adapts, you can go 4-6 times a week. I lift to failure on most sets and am in there almost every day. It seems you don't know how to split up your workouts. If you need suggestions, I'd be happy to offer some basic advice.

And that doesn't get into that working out at home is boring as shit. There's no eye candy. No opportunities to practice game. just being around good looking women in the gym, smiling, sharing a few words, whatever, boosts your confidence when going out and gaming.

Honestly, point blank, it seems you think it's a waste because you're not into it. your workout schedule and what you use in the gym does not coincide with someone serious about their fitness. Your choice. If you want to get serious, keep the membership or find a cheaper one. But telling yourself you are serious about fitness and dropping the membership to workout at home is lying to yourself.

The only exception I've seen, and I worked in the fitness industry for years, is those P90X guys. But that takes discipline. You'll have a ripped body, but all the hot girls will be back at the gym you're no longer a member of.

Messages In This Thread