rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Don't try to work hard in life until you're 35"

"Don't try to work hard in life until you're 35"

I agree with what he said about a side business, about the boomer generation squatting way past their prime, and about the lack of responsibility you're going to get before 35.

That being said, I went to a slightly above average school, got a slightly above average GPA, look and speak slightly above average, etc etc. I got a job right out of college with no connections or hookups applying the old fashioned way for $60k in a medium size city with a business major (I make ~70k 2 years out of school now). I have friends who are average or below average and they started at $35-50k right out of college, and most are making closer to the higher end of that spectrum now.

My point is, those average salaries kind of suck, but it's a perfectly fine starting off point, and at age 22 you get ~13 years of experience in "low-rung" positions at worst, and you'll probably move up to at least lower or middle management by the time you're 35 if you're decently competent. Yes, I hate being a wage slave, but to forgo 13 years of a bi-monthly paycheck would be dumb. Slave away until you get your business up and running and hit the FU button on your boss' face when you've got a solid side hustle.

Messages In This Thread