rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Third Of America's 18- To 34-Years-Olds Live With Their Parents

A Third Of America's 18- To 34-Years-Olds Live With Their Parents

I think America is reverting to the global mean. This type of arrangement where kids stay home until married is standard in most of the world. Some Latino families I know in the US even stay with the parents after marriage and you'll have like 10 people in one house. It's just financial reality. I'm not trying to defend Obama, but I think it's shortsighted to say this is due to Obama policies when it's been a gradual change that's been happening for many decades. Hidden inflation and stagnant wages for decades on end. It's now coming home to roost. A few generations ago an average income family in a place like Los Angeles could purchase the average house. That's now a pipe dream.

Also, the government can't do anything to "create" jobs in the private sector. That's controlled entirely by supply and demand. When there's demand in the economy, it leads to more hiring. Problem is, now more demand can be met by more productive workers aided by technology as well as offshoring. The conservatives will say that lowering taxes will "create" job. That's bullshit. Lower taxes will mean more profit. It won't mean they will then take that surplus and start hiring more people. All government can really do to create jobs is start new infrastructure projects, new wars or new agencies. And then everyone screams "government is tax and spending!"

Messages In This Thread