rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Reducing the numbers and averages

Reducing the numbers and averages

Quote: (06-02-2014 02:02 AM)polymath Wrote:  

Think of it this way, if you want to understand my perspective.

Let's say you have a probability P, between 0 and 1 inclusive, of hooking up with a girl after you approach her. Assume that P is a function of your social skills, not of the specific woman that you pursue (yeah some are easier, some are more difficult, but stay with me). Now, if you do k approaches, you have a probability 1 - (1 - P)^k of smashing at least once. This means that you can either improve your odds by increasing P (the probability of fucking a given girl), or by increasing k (the number of approaches).

This isn't exact because in reality, your distribution is hypergeometric because you draw without replacement, although it approximates reality since the pool of women is so big. But anyway, the point is that I would rather increase P than k.

Or if that doesn't make sense: Someone else might go run the same shitty game on 8000000000 girls to ensure that he fucks, but I'll just go back to the drawing board every time I fuck up and get better. At the end of the day, I want to be a master of social interaction, and not just some sperm cannon.

ha that is so true. all other things equal, mathematically speaking, you increase your chances of success with each approach.

Messages In This Thread