rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you for or against Obamacare, and why?

Are you for or against Obamacare, and why?

Quote: (05-23-2014 07:15 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

You can also say that Americans oppose any change in health care because they've never experienced anything differently.

Yes they have, and that's why it is probably impossible to get single-payer in the USA. Because we do have some gubmint healthcare in the USA, and people don't seem to like it that much (or only like it in theory).

For example, my parents are lifelong Democrats. They'd support programs like medicare stronger than anyone on this thread. My father was a veteran (he passed away a few years ago, my mum is still alive). My father was eligible to use the VA (veterans) system and medicare (because of his age) but always used the private insurance from his retirement. My mother too, who is eligible for medicare but uses her private insurance (and thus uses the doctors and hospitals she wants).

I know my fair share of very liberal people, who voted for Obama, but hate Obamacare.

Obamacare in general is very unpopular, expect the Dems to lose a lot of elections due to it, and expect a lot of Dems to run away from it.

The point is, many people including liberals who in theory support more socialized healthcare solutions like their private insurance and don't want to be forced onto something like Obamacare or a single-payer system.

Take care of those titties for me.

Messages In This Thread