rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do I open a foreign bank account while stateside?

How do I open a foreign bank account while stateside?

Quote:Quote:

He had a business - gold recovery for the Jewelry industry that got over regulated - so he cashed out, sold his home, car and all furnishings and living with his daughter for a couple weeks till he leaves the USA. He applied for early social security and is about to split overseas with a $1700 a month cushion courtesy uncle sam... he is looking hard at the FSU countries - interestingly he found an AirB&B Apartment in a decent part of town for $380 a month and the cost of living there is minimal restaurant meals 5 to 10 USD and Americans admired so a bit of Yank God factor is a plus. Best is one of the most pro business locations on the planet with very low taxes and low red tape environment...

Not sure the relevancy of the "tax " situation. If he is on early SS (62 yrs old min) he isn't going to pay taxes in the foreign country he is in but he will still owe uncle same taxes. He might as well have a FDIC insured bank account to deposit his income.

TBH at his age being in a FSU country isn't probably ideal. Have you seen the health care there? With his 1700, I am sure he could buy a decent vodka for pain relief.

Messages In This Thread