rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Customs and Border Patrol - Global Entry Program

Customs and Border Patrol - Global Entry Program

Just used it today the first time by entering the US, and I'm really impressed. Not only I was the first from my whole plane to the luggage area, but all the questions I've got from CBP officers on my way out were "so did you like our system?" instead of typical where-you-been/what-do-you-do/what-was-the-purpose-of-your-trip stuff. And while the citizen line was short - probably 20 people or so - the kiosk line was empty.

As a side benefit, you don't need to fill out the custom declaration form and the on-screen questions do not include "food" anymore. Typically if you're bringing alcohol/honey/sweets from Europe, on the original custom declaration you have to check the "food" box, which typically leads you to the second screening. The machine does not ask about "food", only meats/fruits/vegetables, which means you're ok.

I have to admit, however, that passport control in France took even less time - a dude just grabbed my passport, looked briefly on my photo and on me, stamped the first empty page and gave it back to me. Probably less than ten seconds for the whole process.

Messages In This Thread