rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Flat Earth Society - still going strong!

The Flat Earth Society - still going strong!

I waste too much time on the internet.

And the other day - I found a site even weirder that PUAHate.

It is the forum for The Flat Earth Society. I had no idea that people like this still existed. To me - knowing some people still believe the Earth is flat has made my life about ten times more interesting.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/

I love kooky shit like this. I am not even hating on them - since most of us just blindly regurgitate what we have being told by experts.

Very few of us have the knowledge and ability to prove a lot of the things we 'believe' in a rigorous way from first principles.

Anyway - this is a giant area of conspiracy weirdness. And I am going to try and get to to the bottom of why some people still believe the Earth is flat.

There was even an interview (in The Guardian newspaper) with the president of The Flat Earth Society back in 2010:

http://www.theguardian.com/global/2010/f...th-society

Quote:Quote:

Shenton himself used to accept that the Earth was round, but began ­asking questions after hearing musician Thomas Dolby's 1984 album The Flat Earth. (When Shenton reconvened the society last year, Dolby accepted membership number 00001.) "It was the late 1990s and I started doing research into what the Flat Earth Society was. I had heard of it and, when I did some more research, I eventually ended up believing its ideas were true."

It may sound like Shenton is playing games, that the reborn society is a clever metaphor or marketing tool for another cause – but he insists he is serious.

"I haven't taken this position just to be difficult. To look around, the world does appear to be flat, so I think it is ­incumbent on others to prove ­decisively that it isn't. And I don't think that burden of proof has been met yet."

Anyway - if you have way too much time on your hands. It is quite an interesting ocean of weirdness to go for a swim in...

Messages In This Thread