rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

World Cup 2014 Thread

World Cup 2014 Thread

Quote: (05-18-2014 09:28 PM)HeyPete Wrote:  

I have a serious question for any and all soccer er football fanatics.

How good could the US team become if we had some of our best athletes go into or come up playing soccer? Instead of the rejects who can't play football, basketball, baseball or even hockey.

Would it matter?

Everyone I grew up with and now their kids quit playing soccer around age 8 or 9 when a more interesting, well-liked sports catches their eye.

Don't know exactly how good the US would be, but the athleticism would be off the charts compared to what it is now. I recently had the chance to play on a practice squad in a scrimmage against a major Div 1 NCAA squad, and I pretty regularly play hoop with/against a bunch of guys on the (american) football squad (they made one of the BCS bowl games this season). Comparing them there is a huge gap in athleticism. The (american) football players are just bigger, faster, and stronger.

I also had the misfortune in Jr High of being stuck behind a guy who went on to make an NBA squad (no minutes for me). The guy was an absolute freak athlete. He was dunking on a 10 ft regulation hoop when we were 12 years old. I remember practices being like going against a grown ass man

Messages In This Thread