rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obsession with Cats

Obsession with Cats

I think to most women, cats are more of an accessory to upload photos with and receive validation and ''oh how cute'' compliments than a replacement for men/husbands. But there are some crazy ones who are actually in love with their cats, really psychologically damaged ones. To them, cats are literally more valuable than humans.

Just an example, a few months ago in Turkey, a male college student ''murdered'' a cat and sent the photo to his friend. He was a sadist and a psychopath without doubt, but it was just a cat. His friend uploaded the photo on the internet, it went viral, all the major news organizations in Turkey revealed this guy's identity and demanded he be severely punished. People shared the news and commented that he should actually be ''hanged'' for being such a ''monster''. Thousands of death threats and people cursing this guy and his family... He got expelled from the university, and now he's being prosecuted for 3 years for ''damaging property''. His life is over for killing an animal and technically he didn't even commit a crime. His life is over because people are empathising with the cat's pain as if it was a human, without ever stopping and thinking ''hey, laws are in order to organize and protect human rights. What do animals have to do with this? How can an animal cause a man to be sent to prison?''

When I think about what people's reaction would be if it was not a cat but a man he murdered, I can't help feeling disgust for those people, because the reaction would be little to none. This means cats in modern society are actually more valuable than humans. The reason for this may be because people reflect their loneliness to cats and see them as a more trusthworthy companion than humans.

Messages In This Thread