rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Men's Health: Why You Should Listen To Your Girlfriend's Fitness Advice

Men's Health: Why You Should Listen To Your Girlfriend's Fitness Advice

I'm bored form revision so I will take a shot.

Quote:Quote:

While there’s a fine line between shaking up your fitness routine and chasing every fitness fad imaginable, women aren’t afraid to put their egos aside, make a fool of themselves, and have a little fun. We’ll try it all once, whether it’s a new yoga studio, salsa dancing lessons, a weekend kettlebell workshop, or even trampoline classes

So we men should trust someone who has no clue about the basics but if it has a shiny "new" look/feel to it we should dive in. Hell why dont we try butt plugs while we're at it, I hear women love them.

Although my husband grumbles from time to time, he appreciates the fact that I’m always seeking out new and interesting training methods. For instance, a few months ago I announced that I signed us up for a flying trapeze class. (Aren’t those the words every man longs to hear?)

As long as you're not pestering him he is happy.

The class was awesome, but it also called out our need for more hip mobility. Ever since then, we’ve tweaked our workouts to alleviate this problem. We do more flow-based kettlebell work, partner resistance band drills, and yoga regressions. As a result, my husband admits he likes the fresh workout regimen, and agrees he feels healthier and stronger due to the increased range of motion in his hips. He can thank me (and trapeze) for that.

So what you're basically saying, stretching makes you more flexible? I guess this is a revelation to gymnasts everywhere.

Peer inside any group fitness class and you’ll realize that women like working out in groups. They value the idea of a fitness community, and, according to a study in the American Journal of Health Promotion, women are smart to do so. The study reported that social support goes hand-in-hand with exercise adherence. Read: Having a workout partner or a group to exercise with increases your gains.

While men are becoming more comfortable with the idea of working out in groups (due in part to popular fitness trends like CrossFit), many guys still prefer to go it alone. But you’re missing out. The more people you have training together, the more energy, sweat, and encouragement there is in the room. You can do a better range of exercises if someone’s spotting you, and they can push you outside of your comfort zone.

Peer anywhere inside the annals of history and you will find a longer list of brotherhood acts between men than you would find women. Women in gyms is a new thing whereas they used to be few and far between.

My mothers generation never went to the gym in their teens or 20s or 30s. Only now has it become popular and women love group think.

Men train together and have done so since Genghis Khan, Roman empire, since time began.

Powerlifters, Strongmen, Weightlifters, bodybuilders. Need I go on?

Still not buying it? Do what my husband and I do, and work out together. Indiana University study found that couples that worked out separately experienced a 43 percent dropout rate. Couples that worked out together, however, had only a 6.3 percent dropout rate—even if they did different types of exercises.

Who knows what makes the two of us stick it out together? Maybe he’s attracted to the colorful spandex I wear, or maybe I can't be away from his sexy deadlifts. Whatever the reason, it works. Love can be a powerful tool in your exercise arsenal.

truth be told, I have and still would enjoy working out with a woman I am fucking on the regular. I get to show off and I get to see her improve.

WHat I will not do is this zumba bullshit or listen to her zen-like yoga practices. She can do them on her own time but when she is with me its lifting weights the simple way.

This article is talking down to men like we're all idiots. The only good thing about Men's Health magazine is the food recipe ideas.

Messages In This Thread