rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Noir

"So who decides who shouldn't have guns, but shouldn't be in prison? You? Thank you for proving my point regarding control. You feel people have too much freedom, that they can't be trusted. You have an elitist attitude, by which you believe the unwashed masses are fools who can't handle responsibility."

The majority of men in our country are saps that don't even need guns. The other side is mostly women. Then there are the criminals.. Still not sure why you think it should be easy for everyone to have a gun?

"I, on the other hand, believe most of our problems in society stem from the eternal infantilization of young people and the lack of personal responsibility in general. When people can blame any and everyone else for their mistakes and problems, they have no incentive to change and better themselves. By giving people excuses and offering scapegoats all we are doing is subsidizing their shitty behavior, which guarantees more shitty behavior. That sounds oddly familiar to certain aspects of game that we discuss here, hmm..."

I agree that responsibility starts with the individual, buy individualism in the US is one of the most over-hyped load of BS that gets pedaled to sell people shit. Most people here are essentially lemmings that all follow each other. Your wish that everyone is going to fall into place as people of quality based on easy access to weapons is a pipe dream.

"What facts? Again, I will refer you to my first post in this thread. You claim that there will be disastrous effects if we, as a society, allow free gun ownership and carry. Yet where such permissive environments exist, there has been no blood in the streets, no shootouts over the last box of Pampers. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Arizona has constitutional carry, which is to say no permit is required to carry a pistol concealed. New York has extremely restrictive handgun laws, with a permit (that takes 6 months to a year to get) required to purchase a handgun and it is very difficult to get a permit that actually allows you to carry a gun. It's a very safe bet that there are many, many more legal guns carried on the streets of Phoenix, AZ than in Rochester, NY. Phoenix had a murder rate of 8.3 per 100,000 people in 2012, vs Rochester's 17.0 per 100,000. Phoenix's overall weighted violent crime rate of 414.8 per 100,000 contrasted with Rochester's 546.1 per 100,000. I did not cherry pick this data, I just picked the city I grew up in (Rochester) and a big city in a state I knew had lax gun laws. Given your hypothesis that more guns = more violence, please explain this phenomenon."

Good. I'm glad there are restrictions on owning a gun in NYC. Again, why do people buying pampers in middle America need to have a gun holstered at their side while doing it?

Messages In This Thread