rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Noir

Gun ownership preference and is purely a cultural issue.

Here in Alberta I can own a hunting rifle without a license if I purchase the gun privately.

Canada is relatively safe, our urban streets aren't flooded with guns and not every criminal has one (contrary to popular belief about Toronto/Montreal). Gun crime is rare compared to US cities with similar demographics (ethnic composition and population).

Then again our citizens are wealthier, have access to better education, and free healthcare at the point of access. Overall social indicators are better across the board up here. And we're a more diverse bunch than Americans, quite a bit more.

Diversity + Proximity = war? Conjecture.

America's high gun crime rate is most likely as a result of its lopsidedly constructed society. A society of slave-masters, slaves, and European peasants. A clear gradient of haves, and have nots.

America sits in the middle of the pack of settler countries, Latin America is more extreme version of the USA, Canada, Australia and the Caribbean are the slightly tamer.

Latin America has stupid amount of gun crime, the highest in the world. This is what happens when you have a handful of Spaniards/Portuguese expropriate the land of millions, and live under siege for 500 years in castles followed up walled mansions. They need guns to keep safe from all those poor that have no land, no food, and live in shanties.

This is the root of the controversy of gun ownership in the western countries.

The NRA is trying to get more young people, especially minorities who don't do outdoors shit to get on the guns bandwagon.

I like guns, and going to the bush and shooting shit up, but trying to convince my city buddies to do the same is a hit and miss.

America is full of trollism, it's hard to see the NRA succeeding in their goal to get young urban kids to take up legal gun ownership and the gun laws not being tightened thereafter.

Messages In This Thread