rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best ways to make yourself stay awake?

Best ways to make yourself stay awake?

@IKnowExactly - I hate drugs. I only do alcohol. Nothing to worry about there. Still - I appreciate your concern.

Skipping sleep is great. It is only really hard for a short period - say between 10:30 and 11:00am. Something like that.

Then you get a second wind and could stay awake for the rest of the day (and into the night) if you wanted.

I don't do that - instead I just go bed and get sleep around 6pm. Then wake up around 2am - and suddenly I have some time to kill before work. And my body clock is corrected enough to allow me to easily get up the next day at the right time for work.

The other great thing - i that doing this basically cuts out about two days from your work week. SO it is a great way of sleeping up a boring week at work.

Still - Wednesday was a bit weird. It was the busier day of the year at work - so a bit of bad luck there.

On my days off - I go to bed at 5am and wake up around 1pm. So - it is easy to see why adjusting my body clock for work during the week is a big issue for me. And why weird ideas like this once offers useful benefits to me.

I don't do it often - maybe 4-5 times a year. And usually in the summer. When it gets light at 4am - it really helps you wake up. This past week has being a bit strange though. Skipping a nights sleep on three separate occasions. Almost makes me want to split my work week into to two really long days - as opposed to having to kill myself waking up in the morning.

It would work well for me - since shifting my sleep in that way means I would never be woken by an alarm clock during the entire week.

If I skip after a day off - it means staying awake for about 29 hours before going back to sleep. And during it during a work week - means staying awake for about 35 hours before going to sleep.

So - it isn't too bad. The only difficult thing is when your internal body clock kicks over to a new day - and for me that happens between 9 and 12am.

Messages In This Thread