rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would you do during your college summers?

What would you do during your college summers?

Quote: (05-12-2014 01:26 PM)swishhboy25 Wrote:  

If you guys could go back to being a college student, how would you choose to spend your summers?

I'm finishing up my 2nd year in college. Last summer was spent studying spanish in Latin America for three months, and I wanted to go back this summer to possibly do an internship...but I've decided to stay home and recharge/take care of myself a bit because I'm studying abroad in China in the upcoming fall term.

With that said, my plans are to 1. See a dermatologist...And get the best skin I can possibly get, since it's a huge distraction. 2. Lift weights and get in the best shape possible, pack on at least 10lbs over the course of three months 3. Since i'll be in china, brush up on my Chinese by taking classes at a nearby university. 4. Compile a reading list for the summer to expand my knowledge.

A couple other things I was thinking of was learning a practical skill over the summer, such as learning to CODE - I know a bit of python already but was thinking of learning HTML over the summer.

Any suggestions/input would be awesome!

Where will you study in China? If you are in the north east, such as in Beijing, you could easily fly to Korea and get top notch skin treatment for a fraction of the price in the US. By dermatologist, do you mean acne/scar problems? Because if it is, they have fraxel treatments that can smooth everything out, 5 treatments for about 1000$ .

I'm actually studying in Chengdu right now (amazingly hot girls by the way, the best I've seen in Asia, and I've been in China, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea).

Anyway, if you want to get the maximum bang for your buck, I suggest you focus wholeheartedly on mastering Mandarin, and that means both book studying and making local chinese friends and practicing.

If you're holed up in your room studying computer science, you'll accomplish neither. On a side note, web developers in China are ridiculously cheap to hire. If you're thinking of developing by yourself, it might make sense to sharpen your Chinese skills and contract American web development jobs to chinese developers.

Messages In This Thread