rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Silver as an investment?

Silver as an investment?

Quote: (05-13-2014 08:40 PM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

mutual funds are one of the greatest financial frauds of the baby boom generation. They only reason some of them made money is because there was a 30 year bull run in stocks and bonds. Cant wait to see how they do after fees and inflation over the next 20 years with all the debt that is around.

If you want to invest in stocks than educate yourself and do it yourself

No one gives a fuck about your money except you.

As for silver or gold, buy some every so often or once a month and just hide it and hope you never have to use it. Personally I have a lot of money invested in precious metals and I am as bullish as peter schiff. I hope it makes me a fortune one day but I sure wouldn't bet the farm on it.

No they're not. I do agree with you that it is much much better to educate yourself on individual stock selection and do that. There are several great books I could recommend to get people started.

However, in the real world...most people that invest in individual stocks have losing or under market performing results. The vast majority that is. Just getting set up on an auto invest plan in growth mutual funds is a pretty proven way to outperform the markets. By the way during periods of high and/or hyperinflation...stock markets tend to perform very well. It's cash that doesn't. Deflation is what kills stocks in general.

One can do research and still find fund managers who have beaten the market even during this 14 year relatively lackluster .....albeit positive....period we've had in the stock market. So pick good funds or a very low fee index fund.

Sure, it may be a while before we have another huge bull run like we did from 80 - 2000.....but mutual funds are still probably going to beat the hell out of inflation going forward....ie, grow wealth.

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

Messages In This Thread