rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is the point of travel?

What is the point of travel?

Quote: (05-07-2014 02:43 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

It is the sort of dawdling thinking which I associate with stoners.

I definitely experience some of that when I am abroad. It is like having a hangover - but without the headache (or in my case - dread and paranoia). But ultimately I would rather make more productive use of my time. I would rather read a book than spend the day daydreaming and feeling mellow.

Lots to say on this topic. But let's start with this quote above, since I think it's the crux of your beliefs.

Why exactly do you consider reading a book productive? Reading a book is consumption, not output. You finish a book - you may have enjoyed it and learned something but you still haven't produced anything.

Why is the book superior to watching a news bulletin, Game of Thrones or a football match?

On what basis do you consider the intellectual pleasure you derive from a book superior to the sensual pleasures of the physical world?

Messages In This Thread