rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

International Playa Phone

International Playa Phone

For my local 4 band cheap GSM phone, I use a Samsung B2100 (B2710 is also good). For $90-140 you get a WATERPROOF unlocked phone that can take abuse (and has a flashlight). Very helpful when your travelling, especially in wet area's like south east asia. After travelling around there, I want everything to be practically waterproof. Waterproof backpack, waterproof phone, waterproof camera, etc.

Waterproof camera's are also really nice when you want to take pictures of snorkeling or on the beach and not have to fucking worry about the thing. A good one is the Panasonic DMC-TS3. It also has GPS so you can automatically catalog your photos by cities, and 1080p videos, very nice. Even if you have something like a Sony NEX or other large sensor camera/SLR, bring the waterproof camera for the beach and snorkeling, you'll regret not doing so when your there.

Also something rather subtle but really useful when your travelling in a bind is a Alkaline/Ni-MH AA battery -> USB charger. Lets you charge your phone in a bind with world wide available & cheap AA batteries. MAHA POPS is one that's available on ebay for ~$20. I would of preferred the Eneloop Stick Booster, but it only accepts Ni-MH batteries to charge other devices. This device is actually pretty hard to find.

Real power surge protectors are also another thing, but you'll need to carry two sets to travel the world that the extra weight would probably not be worth it.

I used call with us. The quality sucks bad and the interface annoying. Just use local SIM cards and unless you have a business, have people just call your SIM card number with skype or similar.

Messages In This Thread