rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I turned 40 today

I turned 40 today

i'll 2nd the nomination for post of the year.

threads like these are why i'm on RVF in the first place.

i'm 28, working for a consulting firm, and make just shy of 6 digits after including bonuses working anywhere between 40-80 hrs/wk. i am not at all interested in going the blogging/internet-market/ESL your way to a 2k/month live-on-a-thai-beach lifestyle so highly lauded on these boards. i don't see that as a path to true financial security or wealth.

john galt follows the same patterns of success as many other happy men in their 40s: they worked for companies at first where, as mark cuban puts it, they were essentially paid to learn.

they took calculated risks, like pay cuts or moving to startups, which can only happen if you have something valuable to leverage, like experience or knowledge. at some point, they leverage that experience and knowledge into some kind of equity position, whether its real estate or a stake in a company or some other form of investment.

thanks for sharing your wisdom OP +1

Messages In This Thread