rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Interesting OK Cupid trend

Interesting OK Cupid trend

This has been well researched scientifically: http://blogs.nature.com/news/2010/03/mac...men_i.html

"..According to research just published, women in countries where health is good prefer less macho-looking fellas than women in countries where health is poor..."

"..Why? This is a trade-off strategy, where different benefits and costs are weighed against each other in making a choice of mate. As DeBruine says to the Guardian, "When women are choosing a mate, they’re weighing up two different things. On the one hand a really attractive, high genetic quality mate will give them very healthy offspring. On the other, there is getting “investment” from a mate – one who’ll be a good dad..."

Physical attraction has nothing to do with it though in my personal experience. It is all about cultural conditioning. Once you otherwise tick the social attraction switches: Intelligence, social competence, not being a cultural nitwit, then all else being equal all girls regardless of education and background still prefer the larger, more muscular man.

You could say, that being a skinny guy, but a skinny with style, confidence and charisma, sends signals, that here is a guy of high status because he doesn't have to worry about being physically strong to have power. In other words, signaling wealth. Just like how a fat guy will get very different reception depending on if he shows up in a t-shirt or in a $2000 custom tailored suit. The belly might actually be attractive because it is associated with the rich, powerful CEO or politician type.

As I've hunted college chicks a lot in the past, and being a rather big and stern looking guy, imo you do need to make sure to 'skinny hipster' your look down a bit, but not too much.

Messages In This Thread