rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girls With Cameras

Girls With Cameras

Some of you may have heard the term 'Guy With Camera' - basically a guy, often lacking experience, who buys a camera for the sole purpose of picking up and bedding women (I have no problem with this personally)

But over the past few years I have witnessed another phenomenon: women (can be any age, but often bored housewives) buying DSLR cameras, calling themselves 'professional photographers' and charging for their (often substandard) work. The hamster runs strong and I've had female 'Girl With Camera' clients at a previous workplace whose work absolutely sucked, but made positive comments as I didn't want to rock the boat or lose business.

I'm not a professional photographer but these women I think are giving true professionals a bad name - a 'Guy With Camera' generally makes it pretty clear what they're about (they're not interested in shooting weddings etc) but these Girls With Cameras often act like they have some talent, and could potentially ruin an important once-in-a-lifetime event in someone's life with their mediocre talent.

Am I going crazy or are other people noticing this trend too?

Messages In This Thread