rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NBA Legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Rips BOTH SIDES in Donald Sterling ‘Scandal’

NBA Legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Rips BOTH SIDES in Donald Sterling ‘Scandal’

Quote: (04-29-2014 02:44 PM)DetlefMourning Wrote:  

Kareem nailed it. Sterling's a racist idiot, but I don't like Gotcha Culture. It pisses me off to see mainstream commentators white knight for this whore. She committed a crime by illegally recording their conversation. I'm not a racist, but I'm guilty of joking around in a raunchy, anything goes, nothing sacred manner with my friends over text. We've said much worse shit than that than Sterling. I wouldn't want some of my text messages seeing the light of day because "We were just joking around" is no match for liberal grievance culture.

I think there's a difference between telling a politically incorrect joke in private between friends and forbidding your girlfriend from taking a photo with Magic Johnson because he's black. Especially when Magic is a class act and one of the most respected athletes of all time, both on and off the court. It might not even be nearly as big a deal if his business was something outside the NBA. Now if this guy instead owned a soccer team in Russia then maybe his comments wouldn't raise an eyebrow, but the NBA isn't the place for it. I can only imagine how this effects the morale of the mostly black team in the playoffs.

Messages In This Thread