rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working out and drinking

Working out and drinking

Quote: (05-04-2014 05:53 PM)kosko Wrote:  

^^^ all good points above. Alcohol does raise estrogen levels, hence why heavy drinkers grow man-boobs.

Yes it's true to get to a certain of fitness on a elite level where your body is craving energy in any form. Michael Phelps and his (sorta true) 10K diet. Alcohol to him is simple and lure energy his body will take as it's always searching for more. The average person isn't going to get that response and benefit.

I know personally my gains improve when I don't drink. I can recover faster and get back to working that muscle group sooner when I don't drink.

Second this: my buddy was a manager at a restaurant that phelps would come into frequently and he said the guy would routinely drink 10+ draft beers and eat 4 burgers and fries in one sitting. Just a ridiculous metabolism. Have a good feeling those guys that OP is talking about have similar genetic advantages and also just work out really hard.

Messages In This Thread