rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you a night person?

Are you a night person?

Quote: (04-29-2014 06:29 AM)cardguy Wrote:  

Quote: (04-29-2014 03:00 AM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

Night people tend to be smarter and more creative. Morning people tend to be happier and more proactive. These stereotypes are pretty accurate in my experience.

Maybe they are more proactive because they are not having to drag themselves into work after not getting enough sleep? Like us night people have to! :-)

It pisses me off that society is built around the whims of the day people. It adds a lot of extra stress to night people. Which affects their careers, health and education. And yet morning people just laugh it off and tell you to get a night job. Even though 80% of jobs are not available at night (including most of the well paying ones).
I just wish we could have a single year where the clocks were pushed forward by eight hours - so that the day people can see what life is like for the night people.

Based on my experiences with morning vs. night people, I'd say the proactive thing is more innate than environmental. Even in grad school where people get to make their own hours, the night people were still noticeably less proactive than what you'd expect from day people. Night people tend to be procrastinators.

Working times are more suited to morning people (probably) because morning people tend to rise to positions of power and it's those individuals who set the working hours for businesses.

Night people get to set the party hours and that can place a big strain on morning people. My most sociable hours are in the early mornings when no one is awake. I can remain social until maybe 5-6 pm, but unless I start hanging out with people around that time, I am in no mood to party by the time 10 pm comes around. This can make socializing very difficult.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Messages In This Thread