rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Aquariums (fresh & salt water)

Aquariums (fresh & salt water)

Quote: (04-26-2017 05:36 PM)christpuncher Wrote:  

In case anyone was wondering if keeping an aquarium was incompatible with long distance travel and unusual schedules... I was caught up in the Alberta wildfires last year and evacuated. My 30 gallon tetra tank was left for 5 weeks untouched, including 6 days without electricity.

Turns out tropical fish are heartier than you'd think, not a single one died. Luckily the filter was able to reprime itself after the power came back on 6 days later, but still they went for 5 weeks with no food, poor bastards.

Why didn't you just pay someone a bit of coin to pop in and maintain things for you when you were gone? That's what I used to do when I had animals at home and was traveling. Hell, a family member will often do it for free if you return the favor when they're out of town.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread