rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is There a Biological Reason Men Shame Other Men for Taste in Women?

Is There a Biological Reason Men Shame Other Men for Taste in Women?

First off, let's not turn this into another Asian girls argument or a back and forth about whether big booties are fat or sexy.

I'm honestly curious what it is, from a scientific point of view, that makes guys so vehement about their taste in women that they shame other men for theirs. There are a lot of other examples besides the recent eruption where members were about ready to start throwing blows.

- I've seen guys who like thick women shaming guys who like slender women - "You're not man enough for a real woman." "You like girls with the body of a 12-year-old boy."
- Guys who like slender women shaming guys who like thick women. "Hey if you like fat bitches, have at it."
- Guys who like white women shaming guys who chase Asians. "He's beta." "He's got pedophile tendencies."
- Guys who like Asians shaming guys who like whites. "You just like women who look and act like men."
- I've seen a lot of black guys shaming each other for whether they go for blacks or whites. A lot less white men seem to pursue black women (and it's a taboo thing to shame about for white guys) or you'd probably see more of it there.
- Then you've got guys who like tats on women shaming guys who think it looks trashy, and vice versa.
- Guys who like women who are more sexy vs guys who like women who are more cute/act like a lady, and vice versa.
- Guys who like rough sex shaming men who don't and vice versa.
- Guys who like long-term relationships shaming guys who want to run through one-night stands and vice versa.
- Guys who like obedient, submissive women vs those who want more liberal, confident ones.
- I've even had guys try to shame me for thinking it was a plus that my woman didn't drink alcohol! "Sounds fucking boring to me." [Image: tard.gif]

It goes on and on...

And it doesn't just happen on the forum. You see men making these justifications in everyday life too, though they usually aren't so brash about it (online anonymity and all).

The thing is, I don't think the men who give a shit the most about these things realize the real reason they do. Most of them seem to have trouble just seeing beyond their own opinions, at least in this matter, and think they're purely making a quantitative argument in what is obviously a qualitative debate.

If you ask me, something is going on down at a deeper level. Otherwise, men wouldn't give a shit so much. They'd just shrug, as some of us do, and say more power to him. "I like what's on my plate, and that's all that matters."

I do know that humans in general have a tendency to rationalize and glorify their own choices once they've made them.

The shaming could also be a component of our inherent sexual competition as males. Not all males are alpha, but I think there's a drive in men that makes them all want to be alpha or maybe even makes them think they are all alpha. You see the same thing in animals, where younger members of the herd challenge the alpha male before they're ready and get beat back into submission.

Without this drive, males would always stay where they started and not rise up against the older males who came before them.

So I guess you could say there's a certain delusional quality naturally born into men. In some it is stronger, some learn to tame it or at least keep their mouth shut as needed as they get older, so they can get live in harmony with other strong males. Some learn to balance it enough to understand some things are worth fighting about and some aren't.

But I think with most men there is that self-concept that has them thinking they are the man. So when we rationalize our current decisions as "the right decisions," as all humans are prone to do, we also see them as the more manly decisions (ignoring the fact that what is manly varies a lot from culture to culture).

Perhaps that has something to do with it. I'm just blabbing off the top of my head here.

Again, I'm not trying to reopen any of these pointless arguments, so try not to do that here. Let's try to make it a strictly academic conversation. But I'm curious about whether there is some psychological or biological reason for this hang-up in the human psyche that keeps men from just accepting that other men have different preferences.

What are your thoughts?

NOTE: Maybe this would be better off in the Knowledge, Arts, and Letters forum, come to think of it...

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread