rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datasheet: Toronto, Canada

Datasheet: Toronto, Canada

I know Toronto gets a very bad rap on this forum, and I can see why, but there isn’t a proper datasheet for Toronto so I decided to make one. There are plenty of annoyances, but if your game is decent and you go out regularly I don’t see any reason why you can’t get laid consistently from cold approach.

About me:
White, about 6 foot tall, around 30 years old, average build, quite good looking.

Season:
Best time to visit is June/July/Aug/Sept. The winter is long and brutal. In the summer, people are generally happier and spend more time outside on patios.

City vibe:
Very professional. People tend to show up to parties but not really get hammered and go home early. Polite and surface-friendly.
Very cosmopolitan, 50% of people living in Toronto were born outside of Canada.

Girls:
Huge variety in terms of ethnicity and type. So would suit anyone’s taste. Attitude is somewhat of a problem, with 6s occasionally acting like 9s.

Getting around:
Taxis are everywhere downtown that you can flag down from the street, every cab company charges the same price. Other than that there are 24-hour night buses and street cars (trams). Subway closes at around 1:30am so not really an option for heading back from a night out.

Where to stay:
Typical North American city situation regarding hotels/ apartments/hostels. Pick a place right downtown. Around King & Spadina is a good option.

NIGHTGAME

Scenes: I will divide the city into 5 main nightlife scene locations, although there are other spots that are outside of these locations.

Club district
Younger crowd. Absolute shitshow on Fri/Sat nights. Lots of police, drunk people fighting over dumb shit. Girls dress pretty sexy though with short dresses.

King West
Upscale bars and lounges. Hottest girls.

Ossington strip
Hipster-ish. Lots of small bars. Good for bar hopping. E.g. Painted Lady, Crooked Star, Baby Huey. Girls are generally not hot here.

Queen West
Quite upscale, located close to Ossington so has a bit of that vibe to it too, but less hipter. Hotter girls.

Little Italy
Good for bar hopping. Lots of small bars and some decent clubs. Wouldn’t recommend it for guys rolling solo.

[Image: S3qeFgK.jpg]

General:
•Last call is 2am. There are afterhours places but I don’t dig them too much.
•Bars and nightclubs change hands/get rebranded or closed down often. And the quality of a venue can change rapidly. This is probably true in general, but in Toronto this seems to be especially true.
•Sat is the main party night in Toronto, lots of options. Thur is good too. Fri can be rather quiet surprisingly. On fri/sat, post 2am street game can keep you going till after 3am as there is a lot of foot traffic of girls coming out of the bars and clubs and lingering around/walking.
•Drinking is annoyingly expensive. A pint at a regular pub would cost around $6 plus tip. Imports are more. Cover charges to clubs are typically $10-$20.
•There are hardly any exclusive places. There are some places that won’t let you in if you roll up solo, or without girls, but it’s usually not a problem (nothing at all like what I hear happens in major US cities like LA and NYC).
•Ratios are typically going to be pretty bad. Aka a good ol’ fashioned pipe convention.

Daily breakdown of good spots:

MONDAY
C lounge: nice-looking bar/lounge with dancefloor inside and a cool outdoor area with bar and a large shallow pool.
Thompson hotel: can be tough to get in. Solid option for a Monday night.

TUESDAY
Bloke and 4th: lounge - loud, upscale. Personally I don’t like this place, but probably the best talent on a Tue night since it’s a lot of industry people, and a rather tough door policy.

WEDNESDAY
Sneaky Dees: student bar with dance floor, very cheap drinks.
Brassai: upscale bar with dancefloor, includes large outdoor area, older more sophisticated crowd.

THURSDAY
Madison: Multi-storey super-massive student pub. The Maddy is a Toronto staple, everyone would probably know about this place. PUA central. People generally tend to go through phases of hating this place but then going back there. Huge line up if you get here late.
Grace o’mallies: Irish pub with dance floor. Studenty crowd. Busy.

FRIDAY
Spice route: upscale bar, good place to warm up with a beer, rendezvous with your buddy/wing before heading somewhere else.
Drake: bar/club on Queen West. Upstairs and downstairs dance floors. Another bar upstairs, more chill. Solid option.
C-lounge.

SATURDAY
Everleigh: club with outdoor area on King West. Solid.
Cube: dancefloor downstairs, large open-air rooftop with a bar upstairs where it’s quieter.
Baby Huey: bar, 2-floors, trap music. Not really my scene but this place is probably the most popping place on Ossington.
Product: newly-rebranded club.
Cake: bar/club. Not too big, not expensive, decent option.

SUNDAY
Uniun: club. Dance floor on the main floor, and a more chill bar area beneath it. Industry night, aka hot bartenders partying.

Other mentions:
Muzik, and Maison: haven’t been to these so can’t vouch for them but these are upscale and rather exclusive, and are worth checking out I’d say for the hot girls.
Guvernment: ‘world famous’ large club. I do not recommend it though.

[Image: image1.jpg]

ONLINE GAME

OkCupid, POF are the main ones. Can definitely get laid off them, if you are willing to spend the time on it to find some 6s and 7s , and the occasional 8. The Tinder gravy train in Toronto left a longgg time ago, but recently met a guy here who puts in a lot of effort and still kills it on tinder.

DAYGAME

I don’t do much daygame, much more of a nightgame guy. Here are the main spots:

Eaton centre
PUA central. This is the biggest mall in Toronto. Lots of guys approaching, it’s been in the local media as you may have heard.

U of T campus
Large open campus right downtown. Problem is, it’s U of T (University of Toronto). Everyone takes their studies super seriously and it’s just not a fun kind of campus. I’d imagine York to be much better (far from downtown, haven’t been). There’s also Ryerson University, George Brown, and OCAD.

Queen Street
Lots of retail stores, restaurants and such like, with lots of foot traffic. Good for street game.

Eaton center
[Image: Eaton.jpg]

OTHER GAME:

ROM parties
The Royal Ontario Museum, one of the main museums in Toronto, does this thing on Friday nights where they transform the museum into a nightclub. Really. Booze, live DJ and a dancefloor. Pretty odd experience to be getting hammered and/or hitting on girls in a museum. Lots of girls, dressed nicely. Not many people approaching. For a guy with a more chill style of game, this is a great option.

Speed dating
25dates speed dating, think this is the main speed dating site in Toronto. Expensive ($50) but I find speed dating really fun. You have about twenty 3-minute dates, back to back with a half-time break. For each person you tick yes or no, and then they give you their email address if matched. Tried this a few times (they have a ‘men: 20-29, women: 20-27’ event once a month). Girls were surprisingly good looking. A lot of decent looking girls and the top several are pretty hot. Only a few fatties.

Gay pride weekend
Easily the best festival in town. End of June. Absolute goldmine. Happens on Church St, which is the ‘gay’ street in Toronto. Tonnes of (straight) girls, lots of bars, lots of fun. Very sexualized vibe. Party keeps going till about 4am. Can get instant make outs with girls on the street easily, and more. I saw a guy banging a girl right on the sidewalk with people watching towards the end of the night. The other festivals like Taste of the Danforth, Nuit Blanche are overhyped garbage.

Meetups
For those who don’t know, there is a website called meetup.com that hosts all sorts of meetups from groups of people interested in some topic. Photography, food, knitting, anything basically. Amongst those there are a couple of large social meetups held in bars, a kind of pub night. This is a bit of a goldmine…of 6s. A lot of dudes, but the competition is laughably bad. After doing cold approach at top clubs here, meetup is a f#cking joke.

Serbian parties
Every long weekend, the Serbians have one of these parties. It’s held at a club in Toronto, and it’s not exclusive to Serbians, nor do you have to speak Serbian. Large proportion of the people inside will be Serbian though. Only been to a couple events. The talent I saw the first time I went was enough to warrant this entry alone. Incredible. Went there recently but was too drunk to properly assess it.

Oasis Aqualounge
Upscale sex-club. Has a pool, hot tub, various rooms, etc. Need to bring a girl with you to get in, and it’s a steep $80 cover charge for the two of you. Haven’t been myself, but a good mate of mine has been there a couple times. People just fuck by the bar in the open or anywhere really. Might be of interest to some people so I thought I’d add it to the list.

TIFF
The world famous Toronto International Film Festival. Takes place in Sept for about 2 weeks. Lots of celebrities in town, not sure how to break into that scene with the exclusive parties and events during these two weeks, but I’m sure it can be done, and would be worth doing.

ROM party:
[Image: fnl2.jpeg]

DAY2 SPOTS

Lots of places to choose from, location is probably key when choosing a venue if you are trying to close, not the quality of the place. Some of my personal favourites:

Art square café
Daytime spot. A café/bar that doubles up as an art gallery with paintings hanging up on walls that you can buy. Cool spot.

Moroco chocolat
Daytime spot. Very nice looking upscale place with a good tea selection. I only ever go there to buy a pot of tea, everything else is majorly overpriced.

Panorama bar
Upscale, very expensive. Has the best view of any bar in Toronto. You can see the whole skyline, and I recommend coming here for one drink as it gets dark and the city lights come on. Can go on the patio and look at the view without any glass in the way.

7West
24 hour multi-storey café/bar. Very cosy spot, kinda hidden away, not your typical 24 hour place at all.

Pravda vodka bar
Full of old school Soviet memorabilia, so the décor is unusual/interesting.

Berber
Moroccan-inspired bar. Very nice décor.

Guu Sakabar
Fun Japanese place where all the people working there loudly cheer every time someone walks in and leaves the place. Like full on shouting whoo/yeaaah. Pretty jokes. Can tell the girl you are famous just before you walk in and when you walk in everyone will suddenly cheer as they see you. She obviously wouldn’t believe you, but then be confused, as everyone working there stopped what they're doing for a second to loudly greet you. Pretty good laugh. Great for a double day2 with your wing.

Berber
[Image: berber-lounge.jpg]

NON-GAME THINGS TO DO

CN tower
It’s expensive to go up, probably not worth it unless you’re really into towers.

Ripley’s Aquarium
Fish and that. Recently opened, pricey but meant to be very good, haven’t been yet though.

Toronto islands
You can take a ferry to the islands and spend an afternoon there biking around/chilling/having a bbq. Amazing view of Toronto from the island when it starts to get dark.

Neighbourhoods
This is probably one of the best things about Toronto, if you like that sort of thing. It’s made up of many different neighbourhoods close together where you can walk around and go to (semi-) authentic restaurants etc to try out the food and that. Greek town, Little Italy, Korea Town, Chinatown, etc.

Kensington market on pedestrian Sundays
One Sunday a month in summer time the streets are closed off to cars, loads of people wandering around, street food, fire jugglers, small bands playing. Solid daygame option too.

Dundas square
A large square downtown with bright displays everywhere, somewhat similar to Times Square in NYC.

Museums
Museums are pretty shit here, don’t bother.

[Image: photodune-201359-toronto-skyline-m.jpg]

CONCLUSION

This is of course just my take on the city – others could easily have their own preferences, and it’s a big city so there is a lot of room for different perspectives, based on their individual style and the options available. I think I captured the most important stuff.

So for all you cool cats who want to experience the infamous city and see it for yourself, the summer is coming so you’re all cordially invited.

Messages In This Thread