rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is there anything to be learned from 50 shades of Grey?

Is there anything to be learned from 50 shades of Grey?

Quote: (04-20-2014 04:15 PM)puckerman Wrote:  

I actually did read the book, mainly for educational purposes. My theory on its popularity is that it is extreme enough to stir and excite people, yet it doesn't go too far as that would scare them away. Story of O by Pauline Reage and Justine by de Sade make it look like a Sunday school picnic. Most of people in the BDSM community absolutely hate this book, too.

Absolutely true - lack of safe word, giving the girl drinks to loosen her up, major no-nos in "true" BDSM. That said, most of the women I know who are into true BDSM are fat, unattractive, and/or major head cases. Many overt feminists are into BDSM & the attendant rules because it allows them to live their fantasies while the elaborate rules enable them to keep control.

One of the old school PUAs, Ross Jeffries, I think, said a really valuable thing with a woman is to listen/read what she's saying, because she will give you the language to seduce her. That's what 50 shades is, it's a fucking encyclopedia of woman-ese. This thing sold over 100 million copies, and you know for damn sure that women bought 95% of those. One of the moms I know told me she loves her kindle because nobody can see that she's reading 50 Shades.

Quote:Quote:

It's hard to find a story with two more unlikeable characters.

So true. That's the hardest part about the book. I've had women say they absolutely hate the female character, she makes the stupidest decisions again and again. But still, 100 million copies. There is definitely something important to learn about female psychology in here.

Messages In This Thread