rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Death Penalty?

Death Penalty?

Quote: (04-22-2014 11:47 AM)Wutang Wrote:  

Obviously the best way to deter crime is to fix the environment that breeds crime. And that should indeed be done to the fullest extent as possible. Also I would like a million dollars - but I can't have that so I have to make do with what I have.

The best way to prevent a fire from consuming a building is through fireproofing the building and other safety measures but when the fire has already broken out, it's too late and you simply have to deal with putting out the fire.

So are you against any sort of punishment whatsoever? I mean if a person really had no choice or free will then you really can't blame them for anything and it would be wrong to punish them in any way - whether it be the death penalty or locking them up.

We should also stop mocking feminists, white knights, and their allies - after all they all most likely have grown up in middle to upper class environments and went to college where these ideologies were pushed upon them and they simply couldn't make any sort of choice about whether to accept it or not.

And I don't see how I am white washing the death penalty. If anything, I am acknowledgeing what a grim matter it is and hence why I believe it should only be reserved for the most heinous crimes and when there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Being removed from society is punishment.

I'm sure most inmates would agree.

Messages In This Thread