rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which VPN provider?

Which VPN provider?

Quote: (12-17-2015 01:06 AM)h3ltrsk3ltr Wrote:  

I'm no guru on this topic, but here's what I use:

Open VPN, paid, roughly the same as netflix per month.

Https everywhere (EFF might be part of the NSA which, as far as I know, i'm the only one to say that)

Ghostery OR Disconnect (Not both)

I use MalwareBytes Free and SpyBot Search&Destroy to check for malware/spyware and I use the less renown but widely used Avast Anti-virus (I reccomend using AVG free and KeyPass with the paid Kolab email and an obscure linux distro if you're really cool)

And Kolab for email for everything. If you use Google/andriod at all you might as well be using nothing (duckduckgo sucks as a browser but using !googe "bangs" and contributing to DDG's data is good but annoying) so find a way to extract yourself from the helpful but invasive google suite (using owncloud to replace google drive) if you really want to un-grid.

I would like to (but don't wait for it) post a datasheet on best practice internet usage, but feel I'm less qualified than some of the men here (lookin' at you greekgod).

Either way, that's a slice (no pun) of my setup.

I for one would LOVE an Edward Snowden esq datasheet from anyone.

You definitely know more than the average guy, and anyone who knows more can always contribute to the thread.

You have my vote for a datasheet.

Messages In This Thread