rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Decent Paying Jobs W/O Higher Education Or Special Skills

Decent Paying Jobs W/O Higher Education Or Special Skills

Quote: (04-14-2014 08:17 PM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

Quote: (04-14-2014 07:57 PM)Switch Wrote:  

There is no such thing as a well paying job that doesn't require education or special skills. Wages are determined by scarcity of the skills needed. For example the best sports stars in the world get paid so much because there are so few people that can perform at that level. Top computer engineers get $$$ because so few people have their technical knowledge and people skills. Welders in the oil sands make money because there aren't that many welders and so few of them are willing to put up with the shit conditions that they put up with. That job you posted will make 32k a year at $15 per hour, which is not much at all. People should strive to make themselves a valuable asset with unique skills so as to acquire a higher paying position. Working at an 'easy' job that pays 'well' (no such thing, again) will not help you develop as a person.

$.02

I'm not talking about making a killing. Obviously a crabber or welder is gonna make big bucks as is any high risk gig. I'm talking about jobs that pay better than say fast food or being a waiter that are still relatively easy to get.

I don't see any reason to get a gig like this unless it is to pay your way through training to get a higher paying gig. It seems rather unproductive. Robert Kiyosaki wrote to never take a job just for money. Make sure that it will improve you in some way--people don't become successful (not only in monetary terms) taking jobs just for money.

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Messages In This Thread