rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buenos Aires, Models, and Business - Anyone know what happened?

Buenos Aires, Models, and Business - Anyone know what happened?

I am sure many of you have ran across this article at some point: "A Moveable Fiesta - Buenos Aires has become an expat haven like Paris in the twenties–except with girls in bikinis" http://nymag.com/guides/changeyourlife/16047/

It was one of the first articles back in 2006 that basically let the cat out of the bag (so to speak) on Buenos Aires.

One of the main stories in the article was about some guys that were photographing models down there:

Quote:Quote:

So LoTempio and a few friends ponied up $20,000 and partnered with Tamir Lotan, the co-host of an extreme-sports show on Fox Sports en Español, to launch MariposaHD, an Internet-distributed fashion-and-babes-and-travel show that sells the escapist fantasy LoTempio is living. “What would you do if you could just walk away from your life, start over, and do whatever you want?” teases the Website.

Whether the show is a success is sort of beside the point. It’s already meant raised profiles and can’t-lose opening lines for its creators. LoTempio spends a lot of his time scouting for beautiful “talent” at clubs or on the beach, and there isn’t a velvet rope he isn’t ushered past. “We’re just meeting all these celebrities and models. And I was like, This is something I can’t do in the U.S. I can’t go to parties and hang out with movie stars, and I’m doing it in Argentina, and I don’t know these fucking people.” He almost can’t believe his good fortune. “If I go back and tell my friends what I’m doing, that’s more than every guy’s dream,” he says. “That’s the icing on the cake.”

I remembered the site recently to check it out again and noticed it is down: http://www.mariposahd.tv/

My question is does anyone know the real story of this? Ie Why did it fail?

Any inside scoop?

Anyone the the story first hand?

Thanks.

(Side note: I also did some research on the other people mentioned in the article, one was a real estate broker down there supposedly doing really well, but everyone in the article seems like they are no longer in BA.)

Messages In This Thread