rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Match.com

Match.com

Assuming you're not a troll, here is my take:

Match.com is filled with the kind of older women who don't realize their "sell by" date has long since expired and think they can get guys like they did at 25 (see Law Dogger's excellent post "Stacy's Sculpture" for an allegory about this). Since you have to pay, that's their signal that they'll be getting the "best and brightest." And richest. And tallest. Perhaps even a romance novel cover model! Even if you do meet one, she'll likely be a gold-digger or have an aberrant personality, so don't bother.

You'll do better on OKCupid, a non-paying site, where the older women don't usually behave as if they're the pick of the litter anymore. If you're lucky, you can find a nice woman who was married her whole life, didn't ride the carousel (look it up), and has charm, looks, and some modesty (hence her being on a non-paying site).

If you want to go bit more "bottom of the barrel," try Plenty of Fish. Just be prepared to use eyewash afterwards. Haha.

All that said, you need some game. If height is all that mattered, no one below 5'10" would be getting married or getting laid and I see shorter guys with women all the time -- and sometimes they're short and fat, or short and "ethnic" (I'm throwing that in because a lot of Asian guys have hang ups, but where I live they seem to be doing quite well).

So you need to work on your approach and personality when you write. A good example would be to start with your posts like this, which come off as rather cold and calculating for a newbie. Try adding in a dash of humor and warmth and see what happens.

Messages In This Thread