rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Nagging Injuries and Weightlifting

Nagging Injuries and Weightlifting

I have been trying to lift weights for the past 2 and a half years or so but minor injuries have spoiled my consistency and overall results. How do you overcome this while maintaining and pushing your results forward?

About 2 years ago I started having forearm tendonitis probably due to overworking myself. It was also exacerbated by my computer use (no way to get around that, as I work a desk job). Saw a doctor and had forearm tendonitis, received some cortisone shots and rested my arm for probably a year and took up running instead.

Got back into lifting last year using a program with fewer exercises and focusing on compound lifts and lighter weights. My results were quite good and my forearm didn't bother me much... but then in late October 2013 I got terribly sick (was living abroad) for close to six weeks and couldn't lift for like 2 months.

I got back into lifting in January and was going good until last week when my forearm tendonitis started coming back.

I have tried to manage it by stretching my arm out throughout the day, and warming up before each session. I don't feel pain when I'm not in the gym and only from time to time due to the computer.

I also had some scar tissue in my knee from about 7 years ago and that tightness/pain flared up too last week as I am focusing on leg presses and dead lifts.

So now I got tightness/annoying pain in my forearm and knee and taking 1-2 weeks rest really messes up my consistency and results.

Anyone have advice on how to manage this?

I'm thinking after I get back in the gym next week after 1.5 weeks rest, I drop the weight significantly but retain the same exercises and see how it goes.

Messages In This Thread