rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do Low Level Jobs Or Retail Jobs Make You Beta

Do Low Level Jobs Or Retail Jobs Make You Beta

Okay so ultimately I think we control our own destiny, control how we feel, etc. I think most people also recognize it's alot easier to feel powerful when you got a good job, making good money, in good shape.

My question is this. Do you think low level jobs make you more beta?

I've talked about this before on other threads but I have a very successful ecommerce business so feeeling pretty good about myself. I also however still work a low level essentially retail job. I catch myself when speaking to customers at my retail job ending my sentences in a higher pitch than normal and just overall exhibiting subserviant tendencies or body language. This is really the only time I do this though.

I think this comes from a variety of things, a you obviously have to be friendly to the customer, customer is always right, all that jazz. More so though, I remember when I got my first office job it was really quite a change not being micromanaged and treated like a child. You come in when you want, if you come in later you stay late. There's no 30 minute lunch and if your one minute late get written up, if you wanna take a 2 hour lunch and run some errands for the most part nobody is going to say shit if you get your work done. Overall just treated like a man and an adult vs lower level or retail jobs being treated like a child and talked to like an idiot at times. Managers oftentimes aren't that skilled or educated just have a position of power because they've worked there for the longest so oftentimes they try to powertrip.

In retail however your treated like a child, made to do role play scenarios, get written up if your a minute late, can't come off bad to customers, tend to do teh overly friendly thing.

Now I know you can be alpha and powerful and still be friendly and nice and not be a pussy. That said I've been working really hard on eye contact, how I hold myself and carry myself, taking up space, posture, and I feel good about myself but i notice the one area I tend to revert to old behaviors is at my day job which is a low level retail job. Just curious if others have noticeed this in themselves or if its just me.

Messages In This Thread