rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Feminist Films Herself Sexually Harassing Men to prove women have it worse

Feminist Films Herself Sexually Harassing Men to prove women have it worse

Feminist sets out to prove men men sexually harass women more by filming herself sexually harassing men

Quote:Quote:

A few weeks ago I was out with my housemate in Brixton, south London, when I saw a chair I liked outside an antique shop. The fabric reminded me of something my granny had in her old house. "What a lovely chair," I said to the shop's proprietor. "Thanks," he replied, "have you two ever made out with each other?" As we hastily tried to leave, he continued: "Perhaps tonight you'll start scissoring each other? Oh, come on, I'm only joking!"

As is usual when men make inappropriate sexual remarks to me, I felt embarrassed. This time, at least, there was a slight silver lining, as it was a perfect scenario to recreate for my film, in which I tested out real sexist situations on men. I took tweets from @EverdaySexism, where women (and men) recount sexist incidents and, using hidden cameras, acted these out on unsuspecting members of the public. Since launching the film on the Guardian website on Friday it has garnered more than a million hits and nearly three thousand comments.

Responses have been varied. Women have said that the film, which uses comedy to make a serious point, highlights perfectly the kind of harassment they receive on a daily basis. Many men have said that the words coming from the mouth of a woman made them realise their weight and impact. However, others felt the film was cruel, and that subjecting innocent men to sexually aggressive comments made me no better than the men who do that, thus completely undermining the feminist message.

At least many of the comments are positive. This just goes to show how feminism has never been about equality, even if it were a noble or accomplishable goal, but instead about power over men.

Women these days think they can shop for a man like they shop for a purse or a pair of shoes. Sorry ladies. It doesn't work that way.

Women are like sandwiches. All men love sandwiches. That's a given. But sandwiches are only good when they're fresh. Nobody wants a day old sandwich. The bread is all soggy and the meat is spoiled.

-Parlay44 @ http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35074.html

Messages In This Thread