rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obama to sign executive order on equal pay

Obama to sign executive order on equal pay

Quote: (04-08-2014 02:58 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

This is an executive order. That means it will only apply to federal employees, not all businesses nationwide.

Actually, it appears to apply to federal contractors, not employees. Federal employees have pay schedules that dictate salary. Contractors can pay what they want.

The more I look at this, the more I think Obama actually slipped something potentially very libertarian - and good for American labor - through under the guise of "womens issues" and "equal pay."

The first order prevents retaliation for wage sharing, which allows labor to share the same information employers have, removing asymmetries and resulting in a more efficient clearing wage.

The second promotes transparency. Don't you want to know which assholes are getting paid fat sums in sweetheart or kickback contracts to do 'privatized' government work? I do.

Messages In This Thread