rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

GoPro and other action camcorders

GoPro and other action camcorders

I bought a gopro black 3+ with a red filter and use it for scuba diving all the time. It's been rock solid so far but you have to be real careful if you use it for water activities. The gasket needs to examined and cleaned daily to make sure there's no lint or dust buildup on it. Salt water will also corrode the hinge and springs in the buttons if it's not rinsed properly.

Plus the gopro is almost useless for anything tiny that requires focusing. It's great for bigger stuff or just general filming though. I highly recommend it for adventure sports but camera and HD tech is getting so cheap now that in the future I imagine there will be even more options. I'm not sure how long gopro will have this niche since once the big boys get involved (Samsung, Sony, etc..) in this mini HD device market then gopro might not be able to compete for long.

A dream device for me would be a gopro that has wireless interconectivity between gopros and 3d mapping abilities. This means you can connect multiple gopros through your gopro and have multi-camera shooting capabilities. You could map out an entire region in minutes and create a 3d topographic map underwater.

Messages In This Thread