rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

College dilemma

College dilemma

I'd recommend looking into geology.

It's one of the easiest science degrees to get; very little in terms of math. Pay is very good. My very first job after graduating, I was making $350 a day as a contract geologist (this was in 2009). After a year of contracting, I was signed on with a salary of $95,000 a year plus benefits and stock options.

An American friend of mine had similar experiences. He went to a small liberal arts college in Colorado and got a BA in geology which I didn't even know existed. He got a job at one of the gold mines in Colorado and was making around $80,000 a year.

You can expect to work in camps or at mines for the first 5 years after graduating. After that, it's usually possible to get into the corporate office in a city somewhere.

As for medical-related, my fiance does sonography (ultrasound) and it pays almost as well as nursing does. She also argues that the job is a lot nicer than being a nurse; less bullshit to deal with and less disgusting shit to deal with.

Messages In This Thread