rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Misanthropy Killing Sex Drive

Misanthropy Killing Sex Drive

The more I think about it, the more I'm realizing it's technology in general, not just the social media part, that's making me hate people.

Technology has gotten like the religious friend we all had who went from being quietly observant to in-your-face preachy. You used to be able to ignore him but found you couldn't escape him.

Even if you remove yourself from social media, you have to deal with stuff I never had when I was 21. Sorry for this cranky rant, but here is some of what is bothering me:

People (esp. women) yakking it in public on cell phones
Those weird earpiece talking devices people use
Phones that record everyone at any time
Computerized everything that makes life harder, not easier
People texting when you're having dinner (my mother does this!)
Voicemail phone systems with no humans on the line
Technology that drives recorded music, not the other way around
Lip-synching and pre-recorded tracks at "concerts"
No one at the mall because they all shop online
Shopping centers closed because of the same thing
People thinking online dating is natural and saying "hi" to strangers is unnatural
People arranging real life so they can capture it for their FB pages
People listening to iPods all the time
I'm sure I've left a lot out, so insert your own here.

I am coming to the conclusion that technology is rendering real life a ghost town. I used to play music at family holidays; I won't do it anymore because people surreptitiously record me with DumbPhones. I used to like to hang with women, but even the most polite are slaves to their phones. I used to like to cold approach at the mall, but no one is there and if they are they're talking on phones.

What I need isn't a vacation from the manosphere or social media. It's a vacation from 2014. If anyone knows the way back to the 1990s, I'm all ears (especially if they're playing Gin Blossoms, Sugar Ray, or the remixed version of Ivy's "Apartment Life" CD).

Messages In This Thread