rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Negs - Alpha vs. beta depending on intent

Negs - Alpha vs. beta depending on intent

My super beta roommate has a female "best friend" who is an absolute knock out. I'm assuming he wants to fuck her, but when they get together it's like they're having girl talk and he's the gay BFF.

Today she came over and she begins spraying herself with perfume. He smells it and goes "Oh my God, you smell just like my mom" in a way that lead to an anecdote about how great his mom is and how much he misses her (My personal rule: You're allowed to bring up your mother ONCE per interaction with a female, and only if it's brought up or you're asked about her).

But I realized that with a different frame and attitude and made by someone else his comment could've been a good hamster-spinning neg. If left alone, "You smell just like my mom" could make her wonder if it's a compliment or an insult. Is your mom pretty? Ugly? Old? Young? A crazy cat lady? I remember saying something similar to this hipster girl once who was wearing these ugly brown loafers. I took one look at them and went "Awesome shoes, tell me where you got them so I can let my grandmother know." If I was a friend-zoned beta this could be perceived as me being genuinely interested in her shoes and my grandmother's fashion. But with aloofness and a smirk it has a completely different meaning.

So does anyone else have any similar negs they've found to be useful?

Messages In This Thread