rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Recurring Nightmares

Recurring Nightmares

I was quite surprised not to find a specific thread on this.

I find recurring nightmares fascinating. For some reason, a problem that never crosses your mind in the day consistently stabs at you in the night. Then you wake up and you think 'why did that happen?' and you can't solve it because you're back in the land of consciousness again.

Currently I have two recurring nightmares:

a) I'm back in Britain. I'm in my parents house and don't have enough money to get a flight back out of the country. The nightmare consists of me trying to scratch around for money/trying extend my overdraft so I can get out of there. I then usually wake up, see Bangkok out my window and breathe a sigh of relief.

b) Exams. I must have had this nightmare literally at least thirty times (easily) in the past year. It's a week before my A-Level/University exams and I haven't been to math class all year. I have to start cram-learning immediately. I always start telling myself 'it's time to start learning NOW, I'm already late'. The visions are usually the same each time bizarrely.

The latter is the one I just really don't understand. I think schooling really played with my mind and has borderline mentally scared me. Years later it looks like I'm still conditioned to believe that I have to cram something for some task in order to be allowed access to the next part of the schooling system. I know it's all long over, so why do I still get this 20 months after finishing my final university exams.

Does anyone here have any recurring nightmares or anything related to the subject? (be it informal or formal)

Messages In This Thread