rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Laureles/Estadio Area of Medellin

Laureles/Estadio Area of Medellin

Hey guys.

I, and two of my friends, will be visiting Medellin for the first time in mid-April. We'll be staying from the 16th to the 30th and renting out a really nice 2 BR in the Laureles/Estadio area. We booked it through airbnb and based on the pictures, it looks like it will be a really nice place.

I've searched the forum for information on the Laureles area but can't seem to find anything. The property manager stated that it's about a 10 minute cab ride to El Poblado and Parque Lleras which seems quite reasonable. It may not have the same nightlife that Poblado has, but I feel like we'll get a better taste of the culture based on what I've read.

A little background: All three of us are born and raised in NYC and in our mid-twenties. My family is of Colombian descent and I was raised in a household where I needed to speak Spanish, so I speak the language fluently. Colombians, as most spanish-speaking countries, have their own words and lingo that they use. I guess it's safe to say that I am privy to that and incorporate it into my Spanish as well, so I assume that will be a big plus. I'm not much of a dancer, but I will be taking classes the next few weeks to improve my salsa abilities.

So, I suppose my questions are as follows:
1) Does anyone know about Laureles? Ever stayed there? Any recommendations on food/clubs/activities?
2) Anything to avoid in that area?
3) Will anyone be in Colombia/Medellin between the 16th-30th of April and interested in linking up?
4) Other than improving my dancing ability, pipelining girls through colombiancupid (which i've been doing), dressing well, and making sure my spanish is on-point, is there anything anyone can recommend to make the most out of our two weeks?

Also, what's the phone situation like out there? I have t-mobile, and can't really afford to be completely disconnected for the entire duration of my trip. Anyone have experience with that and can provide recommendations? I understand that whatsapp is used heavily out there so I already have that setup for communication with girls I meet, but I can't just completely disconnect from the states.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread