rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Starch based diet

Starch based diet

There is some recent science showing that the REAL paleo diet was actually 90 to 95% protein and fat, at least in non-tropical zones....

In my personal experience I've tried just about everything. I was vegetarian for a year back when I was a teenager, got real sick with asthma and nearly died, then later on I was macrobiotic for 9 months, same thing. In both cases I got better DAYS after adding the meat back in.

I tried the Zone in the 90s, I had slow but steady fat loss, but got stuck at around 15%, right when i was ABOUT to really be in shape. Fell off the wagon again. Then tried "Paleo" later on, worked better but harder to stick to.

What has worked best for me is the ketogenic diet. The fat melts off me, I can literally notice the difference day to day. The problem is it requires a LOT of discipline in today's day and age. You go into the grocery section of your typical Walmart for example, and most of the meat has soy fillers or cornstarch fillers, so even eating a peace of ham is actually an act of consuming tons of carbs.

Someone asked what is missing if you cut out meat? What's missing is precisely that, getting your protein and fat in WITHOUT a bunch of empty carbs messing it up! There are no non-animal sources of PURE protein/fat.

Messages In This Thread