rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brazilian feminists are taking their clothes off again

Brazilian feminists are taking their clothes off again

This thread reminded me of a piece I cut out years ago. I tried looking for it online, and got linked to this...

http://www.parentsformeganslaw.org/newsc..._GROPE_FRE

WOMEN IN RIO CHEER GROPE-FREE RAILS

A law was passed by the state legislature and signed by Rio Governor Rosinha Matheus last month that averts groping and other unwanted sexual advances. Female commuters filled women-only, pink-striped subway cars yesterday on the first day of the program. Frequent complaints from women commuters about sexual harassment in crowded railway cars had prompted state legislators to pass the bill.

(Rio De Janeiro, Brazil)
Submitted on: 04/25/06 .

Here's the original story, word for word, as it appeared in the NY Daily News a few years ago...

Women in Rio cheer grope-free rails

RIO DE JANEIRO - Female commuters filled women-only, pink-striped subway cars yesterday on the first day of a program to avert groping and other unwanted sexual advances.

A law passed by the state legislature and signed by Rio Gov. Rosinha Matheus last month obliges the underground Metro and above-ground railways to have separate passenger cars for women during the weekday rush hours.

One car in every one of Metro Rio's 33 trains is marked with pink stripes on doors or windows. "It's the first day today and we had women applauding when men, who had entered their carriage without knowing the rule, got off," a spokeswoman for the private Metro Rio company said.

Frequent complaints from women commuters about sexual harassment in crowded railway cars had prompted state legislators to pass the bill
. Reuters

As you can see on the link above, there are other cities around the world that have dealt with this, and it reached the level of something that was considered serious.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Messages In This Thread