rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lost My Job - An Introspection

Lost My Job - An Introspection

The hammer

Just found out I’ll be losing my job soon. I know this is imminent. I couldn’t find too many threads with a lot of personal accounts of similar situations; hence I thought I would share my experience and thoughts.

So this is more of an introspection that some to identify with if you can. Or maybe it will resonate with those that have been in similar situations or help those who could run into them in their future.

For the record, this is no sympathy call and I’m not down or depressed. If I was, let’s face it, I’d be fucked. That being said, to be honest I wouldn’t be human if I wasn’t feeling some form of dread. This is considering I’ve had about 4 jobs in the last 3 years, 3 in the last two. I’m in Finance/Accounting.

Coping

How do I cope? It’s a game right? People that have met me (including some of you on the forum) know that I can have a good time and chill. However, as far as game goes, I’m a relative newbie. This means, I have focused more on self-improvement in the past few years and less on gaming at work, gaming women, or gaming socially overall. Now, before you tell me “Cobra those are so different; you have to do both,” I agree with you. However, let me also acknowledge that a deep connection exists between game and self-improvement especially for someone who has discovered it at a later age. From that, I mean that I have amassed both responsibilities and resulting logistical issues that preclude any extensive gaming. I’m still in the process of fusing these wires together somehow.

Ghosts of the past

I was never a particularly assertive person if you met me more than 2 years ago. That being said, I then started to acknowledge that assertiveness is necessary for success in my line of work given high profile clients and working at the largest accounting firms or companies. It’s unlike the accounting jobs where you sit at a desk and handle spreadsheets. In the past when I left a job, I looked for a new one. My last job, I even got a month’s worth of free pay to look for another job, which I wouldn’t have got without at least some game. However, this time, it’s different. I have always been shafted by Corporations (at least 4 times from different Corporations in the last 2 years! At least in the military they shafted face to face, not the doggystyle surprise technique the Corporations employ. To clarify, this means you get shafted from behind and by surprise.

Negativity (stress) versus Positivity (opportunity)

Problem is that doggystyle surprise gets old. While surprising to most of the sheep, this very situation creates another opportunity to assess next steps in life. Let me put it this way: I wouldn’t have had this opportunity had there not been a random change happening at my current employer. I would have gone on with my mundane “safe” desk job and never thought for a minute about why I’m not really adding much value to myself for 8 – 12 hours a day.

So, I see myself having some choices. For someone with my family baggage, these are still EXTREMELY TOUGH to implement especially given the kids. This can easily be a negative (stress) inducer in and of itself; and it was when it happened to me 2 years ago. However, after having taken the red pill, there is a certain calm to my being that reduces that stress to a coping level. It’s more the result of SEEING the world for 1+ years with the red pill rather than taking the pill itself. So, surprisingly, I’m seeing this more as an obstacle to surpass and opportunity to hone my skills for MYSELF rather than a stress inducer that will cause me to immediately look for another mundane job.

My Options

I have listed my options from most mundane on top to more exciting to most reasonable on the bottom. A bell curve if you will.
•Find another mundane job
•Find another mundane job with some international travel (hmm)
•Take a decent amount of time off to set up infrastructure and relationships to start my own business (cons are no income and risk to family)
•Do Contract work where I can do a little of both

In somewhat of a sidebar, while I was having these thoughts, I stumbled across a Danger & Play podcast regarding Personal Finance. If I was listening to MikeCF and Jay in the absence of my current situation, maybe I would have brushed it off as another manosphere podcast. But not this time. That podcast resonated well. Props to MikeCF and I will let him know personally that some messages have the effect of reaching people at the right place and time.

The Man and his cronies

The man dictates and creates the frame that others jump into, implicitly asking them to sacrifice their own frame in the process. I’m one of these “others.”My point here is that employees DO NOT exist to serve themselves. It’s a fact I’ve experienced for over 8 years in Corporate America.

Example: When the CFO wants something, there is a whole team of people there to execute his strategy but none of these people understand the reasoning behind the strategy or the “why” factor. Even if they know, it is usually too late or downright futile to challenge the reasoning. They just know their piece and are content to execute that piece. The execution of that piece can often times exhaust them to a point where they don’t even care about the strategy. This may not be true with all professions but it is with Finance/Accounting no matter what people tell me. “But Cobra, I analyze financials and find cost savings for my company,” or “I found a million dollar mistake in the financials.” That’s great but do you realize that you’re you don’t see a piece of those savings? Or that you have just contributed to someone else’s bonus inadvertently (possibly because you’re too low on the totem pole to see a piece of that).

Anyways, when you don’t have a choice and don’t know any better, I don’t blame you for not taking a hiatus to explore yourself and your potential. Also, I’m not saying this exists at the same level at every single company. However, the FRAME ABSORPTION to the man does exist no matter what since this man is always there with his cock loaded ready to shoot cumloads into open and willing (or unsuspecting) mouths.

For me, I’m at a crossroads, at which I need to decide if mindless execution is my future. I’m a creative person and always was. I took on this highly mechanical profession as a safety net because I knew I would always find employment. This isn’t unlike a multitude of men that we in the manosphere.

One thing is for sure, there will be layoffs. I can be like the 90% of the employees that will follow my first choice above. Or, I can be like the 10%, take lots of risk and possibly even lose a lot financially. But having taken the red pill, I think heavily about MY best interest more than I ever have and that my friends, is refreshing.

Next steps

For me it’s back to the drawing board. What I can do for now is that I can help others navigate Corporate America at least in my profession. Meaning, I’ve navigated the job market enough in Corporate America that I can easily share a few tips and post a thread/article regarding what you can do out there to see traps ahead. As for me, I may forego that job market and get my own thing started. I’ll need advice and hopefully I can get it from anyone willing out here or out there. More to come…

Of course, your thoughts are not only welcome but appreciated in my current state of affairs [Image: smile.gif]

Messages In This Thread