rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best smartphone right now?

Best smartphone right now?

A review I wrote in November on LG G2 vs S4

Note this is not comparing to the iPhone, because...well, why compare to such an obviously deficient device. So Samsung markets the S4 like crazy spending $$ marketing (just like Apple) and copying iPhone aesthetics (credit where credit is due). Whereas LG hardly markets at all, which is why the G2 is less recongnized...but the G2 is a better phone all around. I used the S4 for 10 days and exchanged it for the G2 yesterday.

#1 Reason: It's incredibly comfortable to hold and actually feels smaller in your hands despite a noticeably larger screen.
#2 Reason: a noticeably bigger screen. #3 Reason: Way better sound plus the speaker is at the bottom (much louder), which matters for me bc I watch Netflix on it.
#4 Reason: No physical home button (why the h311 do I want to have to *push* something).
#5 Reason: Power and volume buttons on the back. I don't miss the side controls, much better on the back. Plus the screen double tap to turn on...this will be on phones in the future.
#6 Reason: Camera is better (optical image stabilization), as are the software features. This thing blows me away the things the camera can do.
#7 Reason: Better (read: bigger) battery.

What do I miss? The white "style" of the S4...you'll get over this in about 10 minutes. Why did I exchange? History with 4G LTE still had me concerned with battery life, and the S4 had a removable battery I could potentially swap for an extended. So despite wanting the G2, I bought the S4 originally. After using the S4 I realized battery life on these phones are fine, so I thought about exchanging for the G2. When I found out the G2 cost $50 right now at Verizon vs $200+ for the S4, it was an easy decision. So yeah, in the exchange, after paying $35 restock fee, I had $130 returned to my card.

Oh, and it's the fastest phone on the market, surprisingly noticeable over the S4

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Messages In This Thread