rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Starting Strength Injury Advice

Starting Strength Injury Advice

Quote:TonySandos Wrote:

I have the pain and it comes and goes sporadically with maybe a day or two of pain with a few days to several weeks before I experience it again.

Quote:TonySandos Wrote:

Raising hurts sometimes, usually when I've abused myself with a combination of strenuous work, dehydration, and lack of sleep.
This leaves room for too many assumptions. Your description raises more questions than answers.

It could be your bench press technique; could be something you do in your daily life; could be an auto immune disorder. You need to focus on what specifically triggers the pain in your shoulders.

@ Yuan
None of the lifters in that SS thread you posted use hip drive at all.
The video you posted "squat training" does show hip drive. Michael Tuch is strong as hell no doubt about it but his technique sucks.

Shooting your butt up before your chest is not an ideal way to squat. You will learn this as you become stronger and the weight gets heavier. You will start to feel severe tightness in the lower back and an in ability to squat for high reps without pain.

Messages In This Thread