rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Starting Strength Injury Advice

Starting Strength Injury Advice

Quote:TonySandos Wrote:

what about shoulder cuff pain atop my arms when I lift them?
Shoulders are a delicate structure. I would not want to give advice unless I could actually give a proper assessment. sorry.

Quote:kbell Wrote:

And what technique adjustments would they be for say the deadlift and squat? Squat is my weaker big lift.
Thats a loaded question. Unless I actually see your technique I can not comment on what needs improving.

Quote:kbell Wrote:

Do you have to eat a ton to do several big lifts like bench and deadlifts on one day?

You have to eat based on your goals. If your goal is to get big and muscular then yes; you should eat a ton. If your goal is to lift the heaviest weight possible then yes; you should eat a ton.
If your goal is to be strong and lose weight then no; you must take a more calculated approach to nutrition.

Quote: Yua Wrote:

I actually found Rippetoe to be the best technique/programming coach for beginners.
Rippetoe makes quite a few fundamental mistakes in his teachings. No serious powerlifter has ever fully agreed with rippetoe and there are quite a few videos that point out his mistakes.

One of his biggest teaching blunders is his squat technique; more specifically his stance on hip drive.

Quote: CaP Wrote:

Are you differentiating between pain with joint/tendon soreness with pain due to muscle soreness?
Yes there is a difference between neurological pain and muscular soreness.

Messages In This Thread