rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Starting Strength Injury Advice

Starting Strength Injury Advice

Personally (and I know some will disagree) I don't think that any kind of program that has you squatting heavy multiple times per week is going to be sustainable long term. I've tried it multiple times in the past, and every time I end up with hip pain. Cut back the heavy squats to once a week and it's no longer an issue.

This could just be an issue with my anatomy, but heavy squats are definitely tough on the body, particularly the lower back and hips (and knees if your form is bad). You can still make great strength and muscle gains without squatting multiple times per week, so unless you are specifically training for squat strength I would recommend going very light on your squats for the next month or so, then working your way back up to heavier weight with one squat session per week.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Messages In This Thread